First things first! I actually have two people to thank for nominating me!
Misaka: She’s incredibly multifaceted in terms of what she writes and (purposefully or not) has a really great tone throughout all her articles. Though I can’t pin it down, the entire site has a feeling of homeliness and familiarity. She recently wrote an article on Ishuzoku Reviewers that looked at its comparative quality which was a really nice read. That said, I especially loved “Why Do We Keep Playing Video Games?” It might be because I may or may not be doing psychological research on gacha games, loot boxes, and addiction but…
Aria: Her articles are always incredibly interesting because (maybe this purely a result of my perception) it seems there’s an underlying layer of knowledge under every piece of text. I’m pretty well versed in stuff like cinematography, writing, and psychology; however, that doesn’t compare to how she talks about stuff like the fundamentals of mystery stories. Also, she’s been watching most of the Fate series for a while now and seeing someone mentally consume such a large franchise while connecting themes, characters, magic systems, etc. is kinda incredible.
I was actually hoping I’d be nominated since this challenge looked so fun. My friend and I have always tried to parody titles around the Oreimo template: My [ ] Can’t Be This [ ], and I love boiling down anime premises to a single stupid sentence. Maybe someone can spread around a “badly explained anime” challenge type of thing too. (Or maybe the community has already done it? I’m still new after all so I have no clue)
Before we jump into the anime:
The Rules For this Post
- Choose up to five anime, manga or visual novel series that have a short title. Light novels that have shorter titles (Date A Live for example) are also allowed.
- Give these series a new title based on those classic overly long light novels we love! If someone has already picked a series you wanted…it’s OK! Let’s see your own take on the title!
- Link back to the original post so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas. (It’s this post right here.)
- Include “Give it a Light Novel Title” in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily. (My tags are getting out of hand.)
- Nominate around 1-6 bloggers.
- Jammin’ Rabbit – Hey, it’s a VN developer! Tony, been a minute since you wrote a post that wasn’t a story so how about this challenge? Just a suggestion of course since I thought it was pretty fun!
- Tiger – Have you been nominated for this yet? Probably. Am I still going to try and nominate you? Of course.
- ThatRandomEditor – Been a minute since your last post as well! I know you’ve been working on something so here’s a fun challenge if you need an easy article in the interim.
- Ex Nihilo – This person here actually is nonexistent yet, save for the site itself. Interesting in drawing, writing, and a close friend; I’m hoping this gives them a fun start to the WordPress anime community.
- Anyone/Everyone else! A lot of people I know have already been nominated but if you haven’t, get in on the challenge! It’s too fun to pass up!
I Made A Contract With An Alien But Didn’t Realize Being Meguca Is Suffering!
Madoka Magica: Rebellion
I Love My Best Friend So Much That I Became The Devil And Reset The World (Again)
Mysterious Girlfriend X
My Girlfriend’s Saliva is Delicious & Kissing Just Isn’t Enough!
Zankyou no Terror
We’re literally Terrorists But It’s Okay Since We Have A Tragic Backstory!
I Moved To A New School Because of My Heart Condition & Now I Have To Tell Doctors I’m Sexually Active
The World is Full of Criminals But I Still Have To Come Into Work Tomorrow.
Did I break the rules and write up titles for six anime? Technically… Maybe…. Shut up… Don’t tell Dewbond.